Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 12 - The Project

As I said last week I'm attempting to give a little direction to the photographs I'm taking by giving myself assignments.  So this week I took on the project of photographing some of the old houses in Nelson.  Of course taking pictures of old houses in Nelson is about as challenging as taking pictures of animals at the zoo but you've got to learn to walk before you can run right?

To emphasize the character in the homes I have been editing the photos in Lightroom.  In doing so I have altered reality and brightened or muted or even removed the colours as suited the architecture and lighting at the time.  It makes me wonder if there is, or should be, a distinction between a photographer and an artist who just happens to use a camera as their medium.

Canon 20D, Canon 17-85mm Lens,
ISO 100, f/8.0, 1/100s

Canon 20D, Canon 17-85mm Lens,
ISO 400, f/8.0, 1/100s
A few more examples can be found in my Project 365 set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/glinnphoto/)

No comments:

Post a Comment