Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 42 - Seminar in a Book - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 of this "Photo Workshop" book I'm reading is titled "Ways of Seeing the Natural World" and talks about learning to see like the camera sees and how to focus your attention.  It also teaches about planning ahead and previsualizing the finished photograph.

The assignment at the end of the chapter was to pick a spot, spend an hour and take 20 distinctly different pictures of something.  I went out back and found a volunteer sunflower that was growing under the bird feeder and worked my may around taking at least 20 different pictures.  It was an interesting exercise and forced me to look at angles I wouldn't normally have thought about like the first picture below which is a side view of the tips of the petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment