Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 41 - Seminar in a Book

I am currently working my way through a book series (well, one of the books anyway) called "Photo Workshop" by Wiley Press (photoworkshop.com).  The book I'm working through is called "Nature Photography" by Nat Coalson.

At this point I've read the first chapter and done the first assignment which was to take a picture in my backyard or local park with an eye to finding what inspires me.  I opted to use my backyard as a location rather that one of the local parks like Kokanee Glacier figuring the point of the exercise was to find a nice photograph in what I would normally bypass as an unlikely place.

Since I already know what sorts of nature photographs inspire me (sweeping landscapes like Ansel Adams or Darwin Wiggett, or the more intimate closeups like I have taken for this assignment), the take-away for my was more about learning to look in unlikely places rather than learning about my style and taste.

Next week, chapter 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment