Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 27 - Best of Project 365 - April

I said last week that either my photography was improving or I was gaining confidence, now I wonder if the more recent pictures are just more familiar and therefore I feel closer to them.  Only time will tell I suppose.  It is nice to finally see a few more birds and flowers in the mix though.

My favourite for this month isn't a flower or a bird it's these bullrushes with Nelson's Big Orange Bridge in the background.  It's my favourite for the month because it surprised me the most.  The surprise isn't that this isn't the picture I was trying to take it's that I like it so much better than I thought I would.  I was playing with depth of field to try to find the point where the background was clear enough to be recognizable but blurry enough to not detract from the foreground subject and I think it worked quite nicely.  It's almost more a picture of the bridge than the bullrushes.
Canon 20D, Sigma 150mm lens,
ISO 400, f/16, 1/200s

No comments:

Post a Comment