Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week 16 - Keep Playing

I continue to discover new and interesting things to take pictures of or at least interesting ways to take pictures of ordinary things. This willow tree was photographed by the light from the nearby streetlamp and while I was expecting streaks of stars in the sky I instead got the interesting bokah lights which I think is probably ice on the lens or maybe even the sensor.  It was 20 below and I might not have acclimatized the camera as much as I should have but it did create an interesting effect that I can probably never reproduce.
Canon 20D, Canon 17-85mm lens
ISO 400, f/16, 568s
For this picture, I am below this stop ahead sign by about 30 feet at the bottom of the retaining wall with the sun just behind the wall.  From down here "ahead" feels more straight up rather than a little bit up the road.
Canon 20D, Canon 17-85mm lens
ISO 400, f/8, 1/8000s
Ice on Kootenay Lake.  It's been rather cold in Nelson the last week or so. 
Canon 20D, Canon 17-85mm lens
ISO 400, f/16, 1/250s
So, 16 weeks into blogging and almost 2 full months of Project 365 I continue to play and I continue to create pictures that I enjoy.  Rather than getting stale or into a rut, like I was worried I might by this point, it seems the more I push myself to get out there with my camera, the more opportunities to get good pictures I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment