Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fountain Pens!

It's time to expand this blog from just photography.  So let's start that by talking fountain pens and what better time to start talking about fountain pens than when you can get free shipping from a  new company in Canada.  I'm talking about Alexander Pen Company and if you use the code HSSF2012 this Monday December 10th you can get free shipping.  It's a great way to give (or even better get) something nice for Christmas and support a small business trying to make a go of it in Canada.  I took advantage of the last time this store had free shipping and picked up some ink and paper, it arrived quickly and packed very well.  Selection might not be that extensive but the products that are offered are great and priced competitively with any other on-line retailers I have dealt with.  I am currently saving up to buy one of those Edison Pens (probably that Hudson Ruby) and more ink and paper of course.  You can never have too much!

So if you are looking for a great gift for yourself or someone else that appreciates fine writing instruments and you would like to support one of the little guys starting a brand new business Monday would be a great day to go shopping.

I love my fountain pens.  I can write for hours without my hand getting tired or cramped like used to happen all the time with ball-point pens and I get to use all kinds of crazy colours.  That's one of the great things about bottled inks, you are no longer limited to blue, black, red and green, you can have any colour you can imagine.  Noodlers or Diamine or Private reserve or someone has that colour, whatever it is.

After Christmas, when I've played with my presents, I'll gush about how I have given up my electric razor and now shave with a safety razor.  And no shaver cream, it's soap and a badger brush!

No comments:

Post a Comment